Top 10 Reasons for Playing Games with Your Dog
There are many reasons why playing games with your dog can contribute to your canine friend’s overall health and well-being. Here are our top ten reasons for spending just 5-10 minutes each day playing games and offering your dog simple, fun intellectual challenges:
10. It’s fun and entertaining for you and your dog to play indoors when it’s raining, too hot, or too cold outside.
9. Your dog needs exercise. But sometimes going for a walk feels like going on the treadmill, or becomes one more item on your to-do list that you just don’t get to and then feel guilty about it…
8. Your dog will get the mental stimulation that he or she needs by playing games and engaging in challenges in the comfort of your own home when you just can’t get out for that walk.
7. Chewing on your shoes will become far less appealing for your dog when there is something a lot more fun to do! Playing games and offering fun challenges for your dog can help to prevent a lot of unwanted behaviours because they alleviate boredom for your pup.
6. Your dog will make you laugh your head off when you play these games and offer him or her these challenges.
5. Seriously, your dog will make you laugh your head off.
4. Your dog will enjoy increased self-confidence and a strengthened bond with you by succeeding at small, increasingly difficult challenges with your help and gentle guidance.
3. If you live in a condo or an urban center, it’s hard to give your dog the exercise he or she needs because large spaces for your dog to run and play may not be available. But what about playing games in your very own living room?
2. Games can give your dog an outlet for his or her natural needs: digging, chewing, shaking, searching, investigating, and dissecting their ‘prey’!
But the #1 reason why you should play games at home with your dog?
Your dog will thank you, thank you, thank you for it.
I hope that you and your dog have a wonderful time playing our dog games and engaging in the over 50 challenges offered in the My Doggy Genius series!